Braised veggies make a delicious sauce inspired by ratatouille.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- three small eggplant, chopped
- one small zucchini, chopped
- bay leaf
- fresh herbs from the fire escape
- one clove garlic, chopped
- half a small onion, chopped
- three small tomatoes, chopped
Heat the olive oil in a pan, toss in the zucchini and eggplant and cook on medium heat until they start to brown. Add the garlic, onions and herbs. Cook until mushy, adding water if it dries out. Add the tomatoes. Cook on low until everything has broken down to a saucy consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve on pasta with parmesan cheese.